Jobs and Employment Information
Interested in working in the great outdoors, maintaining Virginia's Forests? A career in forestry may meet your needs. The Virginia Department of Forestry (VDOF) offers job vacancies on this page and through the Department of Human Resource Management (DHRM) Web site.
Our Careers In Forestry information is also available as a brochure. (English; PDF format).
Current Job Listings
- View current job openings. You will exit this Web site and be taken to Web site that lists all current openings at VDOF.
- NOTE: VDOF will accept only online applications for all VDOF employment opportunities. Applicants may apply online via the Virginia Jobs Web site located at https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/. VDOF will provide, if requested and needed, reasonable accommodation to applicants to access the application and/ or interview process. If any assistance is needed when applying online, please contact VDOF at 434.220.9069. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide copies of their college transcripts.
- Visit Statewide job openings for all Virginia government agencies.
- To Apply: Please apply on-line via the Commonwealth of Virginia's Virginia Jobs Web site listed above.
Each state agency accepts only applications and employment credentials specifically for their own job vacancies.
- ForestryUSA - http://www.forestryusa.com/jobs.htm
- Career and employment opportunities in Canada.
- Learn about fifty career options from UrbanForest.org
Professional Organizations and Recruiting
- Women in the Fire Service, Inc.
- On the Line of Fire. The men and women who battle America's wildland blazes.
- Fire Call: A wildland firefighter speaks about fire as a profession.
Last modified: Monday, 02-Jun-2008 10:50:54 EDT