Forest Ownership and Land Use in Virginia
Forest Inventory Analysis
The Virginia Department of Forestry (VDOF) released the results of its Forest Inventory Analysis. This inventory, a cooperative program between the US Forest Service and VDOF, is a primary source of statistics for the forestland in Virginia. The inventory collects and measures forestland area, land use changes, ownership trends, and natural and human impacts to the forest. The last analysis was completed in 2007 and has been conducted 9 times since 1940.
Forest Inventory Assessment - Stakeholder Meeting
August 2, 2011
These presentations are in English; PowerPoint 1997-2003 format.
- Virginia, 2009 Forest Inventory &Analysis (English; PDF Format)
- Background and Methods of Forest Inventory, Overview of the Resource – John Pemberton, Forest Inventory Coordinator
- Forest Health – Chris Asaro, Forest Health Specialist
- Forest Utilization - Current and Future Trends – Charlie Becker, Utilization and Marketing Manager
- Southside Virginia spotlight - Dean Cumbia, Director Forest Resource Management Division
- Effects of Tree Improvement and Silviculture on Potential Growth – Jerre Creighton, Research Manager
- 2007 Forest Inventory Analysis - key statistics from this survey.
- 2001 Forest Inventory Analysis - key statistics from the survey.
- Forest Facts - the current facts about Virginia's forestland.
- Inventory Facts - information about how the data was collected.
- Virginia's Seventh Forest Survey 2001 (English, PowerPoint format, 3.4MB)
- Virginia's Forests (English, PowerPoint format, 1.6MB)
- Virginia's Forests - Historical Perspective (English, PowerPoint format, 628KB)
- Overview of the FIA Program (English, PowerPoint format, 115KB)
- Virginia Cycle 3 Subcycle 1-5 data (SRS FIA Web site) http://srsfia2.fs.fed.us/
- FIA Database Retrieval System (for data and custom data tables).
Last modified: Wednesday, 02-Jan-2013 12:35:02 EST